MomZenArtist on Instagram

Saturday, August 18, 2012

My New Tangle: WGT

At my CZT training, Rick and Maria asked us to find something in the hotel for inspiration for a new tangle pattern.  We were to deconstruct the item into individual parts.


After looking at a variety of beautiful picture frames, carpets, fabrics, and wood items, I was still at a loss for a pattern that I wanted to turn into a tangle.  When I went back to my hotel room, I saw an item that inspired this tangle, WGT (weight):




The item reminded me of a globe.

Next it evoked the idea of Atlas with the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Basically, the item reminded me of weight since it was a ....

bathroom scale!

3 comments:

  1. i had a difference scale in my room - now this makes sense - haha! mine didn't look anything like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I had to take a picture of the inspiration scale. I didn't realize that we all had different ones. I still think it was a cool looking scale. :)

      Delete
  2. What a pretty blog you have! Check out the pattern 'Providence' by Rho Densmore. She also made a pattern out of her bathroom scale at CZT8 (for 'homework', but it looks different than yours. Amazing how we can all get the same information and turn it into something unique... I love that about Zentangle. :o)

    ReplyDelete