MomZenArtist on Instagram

Sunday, February 24, 2013

It's Not Easy Being Green

Oops!  I picked up a green Micron instead of a black one for this week's Bright Owl Zendala Dare (#46).  Well, when life hands you lemons... make a green Zendala!

I started with the Striping and Crescent Moon in the outer bulbs.  I liked the inner bulbs but thought I wanted to do a single pattern in the center.  Phicops to the rescue!  I love how they come out.  Some Fescu filled in the inner and outer areas.

I needed some shading, but I've learned that I don't really like regular pencil shading with colored pens. I used my Prismacolor colored pencils to add some color and shading.  I'm not sure I'm using these correctly, but it was fun to do.  That's all that matters, right?

Here is this week's Zendala Dare:


4 comments:

  1. This is lovely; I love Phicops here. I find shading with a color pencil very hard to do and I think it's because these pencils are not soft enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. usely dont like green, but this is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Efie, I don't choose green if I have a choice but this is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great phicops - they seem to unfurl. I like that you used the green and stayed with it - I probably would have started over or tried to cover it with black - but you've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete