MomZenArtist on Instagram

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Birds on a Wire

This week's Diva challenge was a lot of fun!  As per the Diva's UMT, Use My Tangle, challenges, we were asked to experiment with a pattern submitted by a fellow tangler.  I had never seen the pattern Birds on a Wire by Mary Kissel, and I don't know how I lived without it!  The pattern is reminiscent of Fescue and Mooka yet has a lot of variety.  Fill the base with small patterns, or embellish the "birds" for a different look.

My challenge piece this week is another watercolor resist bookmark in the making (laminating and pretty ribbons coming soon).  I used Birds on a Wire in several sections, playing with different embellishment.  What fun!


Even my daughter likes this pattern!  In our rubber stamping, or "arts and crafts" session as she called it, we played with an ocean set that had a wave stamp that looks very similar to these "birds."  Then again, I may just be seeing patterns again everywhere.  It's funny how that happens now.  :-)




7 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful bookmark. I love the color and the variation of patterns you used. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this! I make many bookmarks as handouts to my students with my blog address on the back. I have been looking for new idea's, and you have inspired me to use the resist and color. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm happy to help. We'll be doing bookmarks like these in my upcoming class too, so this is practice. I love the bookmark idea. Unfortunately, they don't scan well after laminating.

      Delete
  3. Lovely, I love the watercolor resist method your using. It lends itself beautifully to the tangling process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daniele! I love how the string gets created for me with the resist. :-) It's a lot of fun to tangle in the various spaces.

      Delete