MomZenArtist on Instagram

Friday, August 2, 2013

Heroes

Do you have heroes?  Whether they fly and wear capes, or they inspire you in some way, heroes are all around us.

One of my inspirational heroes is LeeAnn D.  I adore her flowing botanical tangles and stunning use of color and shading.  Her work is truly awe-inspiring.

I tangled a garden on a blank Zendala tile today.  After seeing one of LeeAnn's recent pieces, I knew I had to get out my colored pencils.  I used my Irojitens for this one.

The pencils are subtle and allowed me to overlap colors to create some more dimension.  I hope the scan captures some of the fun shades.

Thanks to LeeAnn for always providing such amazing inspiration!


3 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful garden! LeeAnn is such an inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tenderly, nice soft colours and i love it...

    ReplyDelete