MomZenArtist on Instagram

Sunday, February 2, 2014

It's February

Happy February!  

Do you enjoy Valentine's Day or hoping that the Groundhog will tell us that this cold and snowy winter will be over?  I vote for both.

I felt a little inspired by Valentine's Day while working on this week's Diva challenge.  Laura, the Diva, asked us to work with the latest official pattern from Zentangle®, Aquafleur.  I am digging this pattern, although I never do mine quite like the step outs.  I prefer to let the bands spread across the shape rather than curling back inside the shape at the end.  I love how patterns can be individual.

I'm still plugging away at my ATC challenge even if I haven't posted the pictures in a little while.  I love working on this size and usually make ATCs in small batches.  Here are two Aquafleur ATC "duotangles," to use the Diva's term.  The first features IX in the background, and the second has a bed of Printemps.

I love patterns with repetitive lifework and auras.  I seem to find these the most relaxing of patterns.



Have an Aquafleuristic February!

6 comments:

  1. Love them both! The IX in the first as a background is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both a lot. Your shading is lovely and I love the support patterns you chose. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin. I had a lot of fun with the background patterns. I always love the ones with a lot of detailed line work.

      Delete
  3. Wow, both so beautiful. The second one is my absolute favorite, I love Printemps here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! I always love Printemps. I think it can be such an interesting filler or background. I love the detailed lines. I get lost in patterns like this. :-)

      Delete