MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, September 17, 2012

Diva challenge 87: pinwheels for peace

This week's Diva challenge was to create a pinwheel for peace in honor of the International Day of Peace (September 21).  We could interpret the challenge in different ways--using a pinwheel-shaped string, using pinwheels in the design, or tangling an actual pinwheel.  The last option sounds like fun and I may try to see if I can create a pinwheel.

In the meantime, I created a tile with a pinwheel-shaped string.  The shapes immediately said Mooka to me, so I did a modified version to fill in the space.  I enjoyed a relaxing lunch hour filling in behind Mooka.


I might not have saved the world or fostered peace between nations, but I enjoyed some quiet time while creating.  Zentangle brings me such joy and allows me to be present in the moment and to let my worries drift from my mind.

Maybe peace can start with one calm mind at a time....

13 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! The tangle choice was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your tangle choices, especially Mooka and Paradox. So light and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lines with the perfect feel of a pinwheel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done. Your lines and composition are lovely. Great tile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great, love the texture. Peace in our own lives is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very nice. I agree with Daniele regarding the texture, especially in the background of your Mooka.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job, emily! i can feel calm just looking at your tile :) i really like the way the crescent moon and paradox flow together

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely choice of tangles, looking very peaceful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that tangle and love that thought...one calm mind at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice - I love your Mooka and the way you changed the background to define the pinwheel

    ReplyDelete