MomZenArtist on Instagram

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Diva challenge: break free

This week the Diva challenged us to "Break Free" from the usual border that we often use on a Zentangle tile.  She encouraged us to go outside the lines of our coloring book and to picture images in the clouds.  I didn't have trouble with this one since I typically ignore my borders.  I had fun with this one.  My dual Paradox in the middle didn't come out quite as cleanly as I would have liked, but I'm pleased with the overall result.  I like the look of my internal border.


Challenges are a fun way to keep your hand in your craft and to push you beyond your usual boundaries.  Give one a try today!

9 comments:

  1. pretty cool, emily! i love your lacy edged border - nice tile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paradox looks pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, I love the lacy little border your breaking through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it a lot too, it is very pleasing in design and the mood it creates is one of beauty and freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking tile, and the lacy border gives mind to a greeting card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice - I like the way your 'stringy" border breaks free over your lovely lace border and into the unseen! ( Nice paradox too)

    ReplyDelete