MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, October 1, 2012

Diva challenge 89: Sankegg

It's Monday which means it's time for a new Diva challenge!  This week's challenge is to use the tangle Sankegg by Maria Vennekens.

This is my first time working with this pattern.  I love the look of it and the many options for filling in the spaces.  I went to grab a tile to start tangling, when I decided to try a monotangle (a single pattern throughout the design) on a Zendala tile.  To date, I've only done pre-strung Zendala tiles.  I love filling in all of the smaller shapes and watching the symmetrical design take shape.  I grabbed a blank Zendala tile and started my Sankegg shapes.  I like how they curved a bit at times with the variation in size.  Next I filled in more Sankegg strands either behind another one (Hollibaugh style) or branching off of an existing strand.

I sat there trying to decide how to fill in the triangles.  At first I was very tempted to put a tiny Paradox in each one--I'm addicted to that tangle and use it in almost every triangle that I create.  I figured they'd be too small for the look.  I went to my second favorite triangle shape--Munchin.

Can you find where I started drawing my Sankegg strands?


16 comments:

  1. no. i can not. :) great job, emily! i am feeling a little challenged with this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tile! Full of movement...keeps the eye moving. This tangle is a true challenge. I have mine started; we'll see if I finish in time! I'm not brave enough to try a monotangle composition like you did with this one...kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat idea that you did with the challenge - I'm still trying to get the flow of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to have a handle on this tangle - nice variation, and brave of you to do a monotangle! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have no idea where you started but it ended extremely well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the munchen. Nice work. I like how yours kind of meanders around the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great. good job on this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tile! You really have a handle on Sankegg.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fascinating ball of Sankegg! I love how the strands come from different directions! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful, simple, with lot's of complexity and very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how beautiful! I had such a difficult time with this particular pattern and here you have it every which way and size. I am so inspired.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! i am still struggling with one row and you have done it beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete