MomZenArtist on Instagram

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Diva challenge 90: string theory

For this week's Diva challenge, we worked with a string design by Linda Farmer.  I still love using strings regularly in my tangles.  It helps me get unstuck and gives me a framework within which to work.  I love looking at the individual shapes and thinking of which tangle would fit best.  As I tangle, I use the string as a guide, but I am free to stay within or go outside of the lines as much as I want.  It's great to color outside of the lines!

I used the original string in my design, but I really went outside the lines on this one.  I love how my tangles oozed into each other.  Flux was in the circle but just burst right through the string edges.

My tangle selection had an interesting origin.  I created this tangle while in the waiting room at my surgeon's office.  I'm having my gallbladder out on Thursday so this tangle is in honor of my gallbladder.  :-)  All of the tangle patterns reminded me of organs or gallstones.


I'm not worried about the surgery, and I'm looking forward to feeling better!  I'm thankful to have Zentangle to help me through the stresses and annoyances in life.  I always have a tile and pen with me, and I'll be bringing some for the pre-op!  I may have to see if I can tangle while I'm medicated to see those results.  I bet they'd be hilarious.

14 comments:

  1. A gallbladder tangle... I like it! Wishing you a quick and easy recovery. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the leafy pattern is your gall bladder, who knows what they look like. You will be a happy girl without it, I can assure you. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tile! Tangling is great in the hospital--keeps you calm and focused and helps pass the time. Wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tile! Good luck on your surgery and hoping you're feeling better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully botanical with just the right amount of whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beatiful tile! I like the way the tangles come out of the square. Like to see your work when medicated :-).
    Hope you can go home soon and recover quick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautiful tile!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like your tangles and the way that they transition. Is fun to go outside the lines sometimes. Hope your recovery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tile! Lots of luck on your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you made such a lovely tile. love the organic patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tile is beautiful. And I wish you good luck on your surgery. I hope you will recover and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tile and wishing you a greater and fast recovery

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wished I had tangleing when I had my gall bladder out. Would have been much easier to pass the time while healing. I think comparing the before and after tangle will be great fun. This one is great, let's see if meds bring on even more beauty...lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful, emily! i love your profile - lizard lover - cool! and i haven't forgotten that you asked me for help. (well, maybe a little) but i will send you a message!

    ReplyDelete