MomZenArtist on Instagram

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Zinger of a Diva challenge

This week's challenge was to use the new yet old tangle pattern named tangle Zinger.  Maria often uses Zingers to enhance her Zentangle art.  They are so fun to use!  The Diva has challenged us this week to play with Zinger.

In yet another sleepless night, thanks to repeat coughing fits from this obnoxious cold, I grabbed some Microns and tangled.  Looking at Zinger. I was reminded of the pattern Indyrella and decided to combine the two.  I thought it would be fun to use a little color so I selected purple, blue, and green 01 Microns.  I started with the Zinger frame then filled in with Indyrella.  I love to do monotangles or tangos (the new term for two tangle patterns dancing together) when I'm practicing a new pattern. I find I get a lot chances to see how the pattern evolves and what feels right to me--pen hold, stroke direction, and spacing.

Here's my end result this week:


13 comments:

  1. Oooo this is so lovely! My favorite color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice idea; I keep looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative Zinger tile with beautiful colors Great

    ReplyDelete
  4. These two tangles work really well togethre and the colour sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make Indyrella look easy (and it isn't). This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely and innovative. What a great marriage of tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzer!! Great tangle composition! I can hear it buzzzzzing.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful choices of patterns and the color sets it off so nicely. Lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very cool! It feels like a snowstorm to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice and I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete