MomZenArtist on Instagram

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tangle Folk!

One of the many things I love about Zentangle® is that I can use it for relaxation and to help cope during stressful times.  In October, I had my gallbladder removed, and I was probably a little nervous even if I didn't let on about it.  I just realized that I never posted my creative practice for the day.  While I was in the hospital in my oh so attractive johnny, I tangled to take my mind off of what would come next.  I wish I could have tangled longer, but at least I got some in before my IV came.  At that point, I couldn't hold my pen well enough.

I had just watched a video from the CZT Zentangle Marketing Retreat featuring "Tangle Folk" by Billie Lauder. I thought they looked like a lot of fun so I learned the basics before going to the hospital.  I tried my hand at three tangled folk while I waited.  I thought they were a blast to create!  Certain tangles just scream out as hair, to me, including Mooka.  I think I'll try leaving the faces blank next time though.
Unshaded "tangle folk" 10.12
If you're having a rough day or are in need of a relaxing break, try some tangle practice!  If you would like to learn how, sign up for a class or club session with me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment