MomZenArtist on Instagram

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Diva challenge 94: Socc

This week, the Diva gave a challenge using the tangle Socc by Erin Olson, CZT.  This is my first time playing with this pattern, and I already love it!


I enjoyed the variety of sizes of the little rice puffs and had fun watching this tangle develop.  At first I wasn't sure I did it correctly, but it's one of those tangles that makes sense after more lines are drawn.  I know, I know, there is no right or wrong, but when I'm learning a new tangle, I like to understand how to do it before I tweak it or do a variant.

One of the things I love about regular practice with the Zentangle® method is that I'm constantly challenging myself and my ideas about things.  I'm often pleasantly surprised by my reactions and my thoughts.  When you think you really know yourself maybe it's a good time to try to challenge yourself with something new!

11 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful tile - it looks like a roll of paper on a Socc rug - I'm like you, not sure if I understand how to draw Socc :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful dimensional tile! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful one! Looks like a scroll. The layers are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should love this socc pattern because it loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the dimensional part of this tile. Your Socc looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Socc looks great, you will grow to love it. I like the way you interpreted cadent too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice tile. I like the curled edges too, adds some interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this - your socc makes such a great background - grounding your lovely piece of curled paper. The shading on the paper with the terra cotta (?) is really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. The shading is just with the regular Zentangle pencil.

      Delete