MomZenArtist on Instagram

Friday, November 16, 2012

Name Zia #2

What is a person to do when she can't sleep until 4:30 am due to coughing?  Tangle!

I wanted to make a name picture for my friend's daughter (yes, this is Bethany's sister).  I had a bigger frame to work with and a shorter name this time.  I needed to get a larger watercolor paper pad to fill the frame though.

Like Bethany's piece, I cut letters out of black paper with my Cricut.  The tricky part was figuring out how large the letters could be while still fitting into the frame.

It took a long time to fill in the tangles, but it was such fun!  I love watching as a Zentangle piece evolves and develops into something exciting.  I didn't use a string for this piece and just let the patterns take me places.  I love how Purk and Printemps came out in this one!  I started Cadent, and it just wanted to morph into Huggins.

Here's the end result:


I hope they'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment