MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, December 31, 2012

Tangling for Readers

I finished my bookmarks for the Worldwide Zentangle® Swap.  I had so much fun doing these that I know I'll keep it up.  I am a librarian with lots of book lover friends.  I even got a laminator!

Here is the ZIA (Zentangle Inspitred Art) that I created to cut into bookmarks.  At first I kept trying to use each tangle only once, but then I realized I'd be cutting this piece into smaller ones and could repeat patterns.  


I was surprised by how easily I could cut this piece into bookmarks.  It probably helped that I knew that this was the end product, and I was excited to send them on to other tanglers.  Besides, the more bookmarks I sent, the more I'd receive in the mail.  I can't wait to see what other people came up with!

Here is the ZIA cut into three bookmarks before laminating and adding ribbon.  I've definitely learned that art scans better before laminating.


Here were the first two I created using Twinkling H2Os as the background color.  I couldn't decide which to send and had to keep one of these for myself.  Four bookmarks is good enough to send, right?  :-)


Here's another ZIA with the Twinkling H2Os in the background.  I couldn't cut this one up because I fell in love with it.  This one is staying with me.  It's a bit large to be a bookmark, so I'll have to think of something else to do with it.  I love the colors!


Now it's time to start a new book to put my tangled bookmark in!

4 comments:

  1. These are all so beautiful! I'm so excited to see the bookmark I get back--definitely want to do this kind of swap again! So much fun! Great idea to cut a large Zia into the bookmarks....just might have to do that next time (and get a laminater...haha!) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I can't wait to see what I get too. I hope I'll hear from the people who got my bookmarks so I can see if they like them. This was such fun!

      Delete
  2. beautiful, beautiful! i love the last one with the twinks - did you do the color first? or the tangling first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alice! I did the color first and then tangled over it. The funny thing is both the green set and the purple one were just practice pieces to start. I had scraps of watercolor paper and wanted to play with the "twinks" as you call them. :) I liked how they came out and thought I could use them for the bookmark swap. I have to play with these some more as I love the look.

      Delete