MomZenArtist on Instagram

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Looks Like a Sunny Day - #1

I am ever so thankful to have the Zentangle® method in my life.  On a regular basis, I relax while creating beautiful works of art.  Even when I don't like the end result, the process of focusing on one pattern or one stroke calms my racing mind and helps me put aside my worries.  I no longer eat when stressed; I tangle.

Sometimes life's issues can't be tangled away.

We just found out that our young daughter has to have surgery soon. It's fairly routine and will be worth it in the end, but it's still scary.  She's strong, and she's young enough that she won't remember any of this later on.  Logically, I know everything will be fine.  As a mom, I'm terrified.

I've decided to create a tangle a day through my daughter's surgery.  She loves to sing the "Mr. Sun" song with me.  Each day, I will create a Zentangle inspired piece related to the sun.  That way no matter how we all feel, we'll have sunlight surrounding us. 

If you feel like tangling something sunny, I'd love it if you'd share with me.

Here is my first tangled sun.  I love how the colored version came out (created with indirect coloring with Tombow markers), but I'm including the unshaded black and white version too.  In case you're wondering, I felt much better while tangling and coloring, but the stress came right back when I put my pens away.  I wonder what the record is for consecutive tangling....



"Oh, Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, please shine down on me."




3 comments:

  1. So pretty--love this idea and it is wonderful how we can push the world away while we tangle!

    ReplyDelete