MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, January 14, 2013

Shall we Tango?

This week's Diva challenge is a duotangle or "tango" of two tangle patterns in one tile.  The Diva has proposed that we use Auraknot and Bunzo together.

Auraknot hasn't been one of my favorites to do because I think it's a little tricky.  I refreshed my memory on how to do it, and created my center design.  I was pleased with how it came out, and I realized that Auraknot, like many other complex tangles, is still just "one stroke at a time"®.  Even patterns that seem complex can be broken down into simple steps.  I find that doing patterns like this really gets me into a Zen mood.  When I repeat the aura shape inside the knot, it's quite relaxing.

I adore Bunzo so I thought I'd play a bit with some color variation.  The Auraknot is done in sepia Micron, and Bunzo is in sepia, black, and a brownish color.  Here it is:


12 comments:

  1. I love the 3D feel of the auraknots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you took your design to the very edge of your tile. The Auraknot seems to be floating above the Bunzo. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you like bunzo, you do such a nice job with it. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the two colors and how everything flows together. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do Auraknot so well! I have trouble following the right process. I like your color choices, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow your auraknot is really admirable! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Love the touches of colour on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your auraknot! It is really graceful and the random bunzo makes a great contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so nicely spaced out and I like the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice auraknots especially - your middle one seems to flutter; and your bottom right one seems like a fence of sorts - maybe trying to keep out all those pesky bunzos?

    ReplyDelete