MomZenArtist on Instagram

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Zendala Dare 41

This week, Erin at Bright Owl gave us a flowery looking Zendala Dare template for the 41st challenge.  I had a lot of fun filling this one in, playing with light and dark in my tangle selection.

I started with Betweed in the leafy sections.  I love how they came out!  Next, I added Hollibaugh toward the center opting for a lighter background.  I thought that Meer did a great job as a mid-level tone followed by Striping on the outside of the design.  I think the end result looks more like a ceiling fan above a tower of floors than concentric flowers.  :-)


10 comments:

  1. Wow!! stunning! cool tangles - love your Betweed and now that you mentioned it I can see this beautiful work on a ceiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! i especially like the the striping in the outer ring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, now you mentioned the fan, and indeed, I see a fan too. Love the way you did the betweed in the leaves, and your striping at the outside is really great. You have created a very well balanced zendala.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Nice done! The paterns tongether and esspaceley the leafes. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The use of betweed is perfect. How funny you should mention ceiling fans, my brother kept calling mine a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it does look like a very exotic fan! Wonderfully done, and I 'specially like your striping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, fan or not, it's a beautiful zendala!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job. Think that Meers could have been used in a couple of places in this template. Yours was a good choice though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the striping on the outside and the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Betweed in those leafs looks really great!

    ReplyDelete