MomZenArtist on Instagram

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Tangling Fun at the Peabody Institute Library

What a night!

I had a blast teaching a Zentangle class at the Peabody Institute Library in Peabody, MA.  We had a stunning and intimate setting in the Sutton Room filled with a parquet wood floor, built-in wooden book cabinets (what you really picture when you think of a grand library), old books, and an amazingly detailed ceiling.  The room was filled with tangle pattern inspiration!

The class was a surprise to me because about half of the participants had already been creating Zentangle art.  The Zentangle method of creating artwork is amazing.  It brings a group together regardless of artistic talent, previous experience, or other abilities in a welcoming, creative, and relaxing space.

I heard it all--

from "I can't do that." "I made a mistake."  "I don't like mine."
to     "Wow, I did that." "Look how cool that looks." "I didn't think I could do it, but I did" (said with a beaming smile).

It was an honor to teach for the group in Peabody, and I hope they enjoyed every second of it.

Without further ado, here is the first tile these artists created tonight:


What a stunning job!  Thank you to the Peabody Institute Library and for the attendees for a wonderful evening.  I wish everyone an exciting journey into the relaxing realm of Zentangle art.

No comments:

Post a Comment