MomZenArtist on Instagram

Saturday, January 19, 2013

What's Black, White, and Red All Over?

My Zendala!

Here's my latest Zendala creation from scratch.  I really love creating my own Zendala shapes to fill in with fun tangles.  I was excited to work with red and black on this one and was surprised by how much I didn't want to fill in the areas with dark sections.  I liked the linework enough and wanted it to stand on its own.  I love how Paradox came out in the center and how it pops with shading.  I was tempted to fill the dagger areas on the outer edge with solid black before going with some more red.

I love being able to experiment with new things.  I love letting my art take me in directions I didn't anticipate.  When I started this Zendala, I didn't know where I'd end up other than having some red.  I would have expected to fill in my Bunzo or the negative space in Hollibaugh, but I surprised myself.

Let things evolve in life.  We can't have it all planned out.  Zentangle® art, like life, doesn't have a predetermined outcome.  The best way to make it further along in our journey is to try things.


Tangles used:  Paradox, Bunzo, Hollibaugh, and Jetties.

No comments:

Post a Comment