MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, April 29, 2013

Blind Challenge

I'm not feeling very philosophical today thanks to a stomach bug so this post will be brief (unlike my last Diva challenge post!)

This week the Diva challenged us to tangle with a blind string--close your eyes, and draw the string.  Let yourself go, and trust the Zemtangle method.  It doesn't matter if your lines are straight or connected.  Blind strings can be pretty wonky, but they are just guides.  Use the string, or let your tangles take you outside the lines.  Be free to explore your creativity!

I decided to work with a blank Zendala tile.  Here is my blind string:


The finished version (sorry about the image quality.  I'll scan and upload a better copy when I'm better):

I loved playing with a few new-to-me patterns in this piece.  I started with Lilypads by CZT Margaret Bremner.  I think a new favorite is Block'd by CZT Jane Eileen.  

I learned that tangling can help take the mind off a bug for a little while.  If only I could find a way to tangle to make me forget being sick completely!

13 comments:

  1. You do wonderful work when you're sick, lol! Hope you're feeling better soon. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are not feeling well, but your art doesn't show it. I really like what you did with the zendala tile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know stomach desease, the head is away but you where in your zendala I see, really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. Hope you feel better soon. Sending Reiki energy your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that tangling took you away from that stomach bug, if only for a while. The result is beautiful. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your string led you to a fabulous garden that I am sure was inspired by the calming zen of tangling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the organic flow of this and the shading really makes some things pop out. Sorry that were not feeling well but glad that tangling helped take your mind of the bug for a while. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I like that you did this challenge on a Circle. Makes it great and looks so different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your idea of putting the 'blind string' on a Zendala tile! It has such nice flow and composition. Hope you are feeling better!

    Be happy,

    Jacque Solomon
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very beautiful. I love the chosen tangles.

    ReplyDelete