MomZenArtist on Instagram

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Calm Teens - is that an oxymoron?

I had the pleasure of teaching a group of 12-13 year olds at a Girl Scout sleepover the other night.  What surprised me the most was how effective the Zentangle method is when teaching a wide variety of students!  When I arrived, the girls had been throwing a ball around, giggling, and having a crazy fun time.  After a few minutes of tangling, the room was silent.  I didn't think that was possible.  :-)  It's amazing to see what practicing the Zentangle method can do to the brain (and a group of pre-teens)!

After the class was over, the girls resumed their boisterous fun.  They were probably extra focused on it at that point too.  The chaperones were very brave. 

The best compliment I received was when one of the scouts said, "I can do this, and I can't mess it up!" The girls had a great time, they learned a lot, and several said they wanted to learn more.  

I had a great time teaching in a different way to a great audience!  

Check out their awesome tiles:


No comments:

Post a Comment