MomZenArtist on Instagram

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Know When to Fold 'Em

I've been pretty interested in tangle patterns that look like curling or torn pages.  Check out these interesting patterns by several creative tanglers:



In a recent piece that I shared with fellow CZTs (Certified Zentangle Teachers), I used a shading technique to create a folded look in my tile.  I received such a positive response and a request for the instructions.

Here are my instructions for what I'm calling MomZenArtist's Folded Tile Technique.  I was playing with a new pattern and wanted to do two tangellations, so I divided my tile into two main areas.  With shading and a few tricks, it ended up looking folded.  I came up with this just by playing, but I don't know if the inspiration came from something I had read or seen before.  If so, please let me know.  I always want to give credit where credit is due!

MomZenArtist's Folded Tile Technique 4.13
I'd love to see your pieces if you play with this technique.  :-)

I owe a lot of my shading techniques to Cris Letourneau.  Check out her awesome shading book, Made in the Shade: A Zentangle Workbook!












1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Emily! This is perfect. What a good teacher! Now...I need to know how you created that great tutorial/step-out...with typewritten instructions and all. So good. ♥

    ReplyDelete