MomZenArtist on Instagram

Friday, April 5, 2013

Billerica Tangles

Thank you to the Billerica Public Library and the Friends of the Library for hosting my Zentangle Basics class last night!  We had a wonderful group of 20+ participants who were almost all new to Zentangle.

The group had a fabulous energy filled with cheerful smiles and enthusiasm.  Throughout the evening, I kept hearing, "That's SO cool!" after a pattern took form or after shading made the images turn 3-dimensional.  I love hearing the surprise as people learn that they can create something stunning with a just simple pen stroke or pencil smudge.  Creating art doesn't have to take hours and hours, although it's wonderful to give yourself that much time to play.  In a matter of minutes, it's possible to create something beautiful and intriguing while achieving a state of relaxed focus.

One of the participants told me that she felt relaxed throughout the class.  I take yawning as a compliment when I'm teaching!  :-)

Thank you to everyone for letting me share my passion with you.

Check out the amazing job they did:


No comments:

Post a Comment