MomZenArtist on Instagram

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Which Schway?

This week's Diva challenge was to use the latest official Zentangle pattern, Schway.  It's a very fun pattern to create, and it evolves in an interesting way.  I love this one.

I decided to use a brand new black Zendala tile for my creation.  The tile is pre-strung with a spiral-looking string.  I filled each section with some Schway with different metallic pens.  I love the look of metallics on the black tiles.  Each section of Schway has a different filler, although some are hard to tell with the smaller places.

When you play with the black tiles, remember that the gel pens have a thicker nib and have a very different feel.  I think that patterns that have less detail tend to work better.  Of course, all's fair in love and tangling, so give every pattern a try to see what works for you.  Shading has a different feel too, and it's so fun to see what happens.

I'm not sure this is finished.  I may add some more metallic shading in between each section, but I haven't decided yet.


2 comments:

  1. Like your spiral Schway. That must have taken some concentration. Like the variety or fills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did so verry well, I love it. I also love the subtil coloring.

    ReplyDelete