MomZenArtist on Instagram

Friday, June 28, 2013

Fun at Work

Do you have fun at work?  Do you enjoy spending time with your colleagues?  Do you love what you do?  

Another great way to love going to work is to do something special like tangling together.  Last week, I taught a Zentangle® class for 17 employees at an area library.  Most were beginners, although a few have attended some of my past classes.  

I loved sharing the Zentangle® Method with a large group that already knows each other.  The dynamic was a little different because the group already had camaraderie and inside jokes.  

After some quiet and focused tangling, and even before I encouraged everyone to peek at each other's work, the group erupted into enthusiastic discussion about the tiles they had just created.  "Ooh, I love how you did that!"  "Look at how that came out!"  It was wonderful to hear how supportive they were of each other and how eager they were to admire each other's work.

At the end, one woman told me that she had doubted that she'd be able to learn Zentangle especially because she's not a fan of most meditation practices.  It can be hard to turn off our minds when someone tells us to (even if in a calm and supportive way).  It's automatic with the Zentangle® Method, and it just works.  This same woman who doubted at first told me that she had a wonderful time and that she really enjoyed the class.  

I always love the quiet concentration I hear while people tangle, but when a real team comes back together to share, the excitement is even greater.  

I hope the class had as much fun as I did.  I gave everyone a mini tile to tangle as part of a larger ensemble piece.  I can't wait to see how it all comes together.  They will have a handmade memory of their tangling experience together.

Check out the tiles they created.  Didn't they do a great job?


1 comment:

  1. It is great to hear how supportive they are of each other. I have found in my classes where they don't know each other they are still so encouraging and complimentary to each other. It's nice to hear!

    ReplyDelete