MomZenArtist on Instagram

Thursday, June 20, 2013

When Gardens go Tropical

If you follow my blog, you know I'm a tad obsessed with tangled gardens.  I love how free and flowing they are to create.  I find them completely relaxing and a joy to draw.  I've added a fun new element thanks to Cherryl Moote's book, The Tropical Tangled Garden.

Love love love love love!

The theory is similar to the current gardens I create thanks to a fantastic lesson by CZT Meredith Yuhas, but now I'm exploring a few additional pattern designs as well as using my Derwent Inktense pencils to add some exciting new color.  

This was a test piece for a MINDFUL swap I'm participating in this month.  Every pattern has to begin with one of the letters in the word "mindful."  I used patterns like Monster Leaf, Mooka, Flux, Fescue, Figure Eight Fern, Dragon Air, and maybe a few more.  I have a different background I'm using for the final pieces, so I'm not sure that those will have as much color.  I'll put them up when they're done.


2 comments:

  1. What kind of paper are you working on ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did this one in my Strathmore visual journal.

      Delete