MomZenArtist on Instagram

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Gardens Gone Wild

I love teaching every one of my Zentangle® classes, but my current favorite is my garden on.  The designs are fun to create, the development of the garden is natural and free, and the organic patterns are a joy to create.  The tanglers seem to enjoy the class as much as I do, or, at least I hope so!

Today's class of six tanglers created amazing secret gardens.  We explored a variety of patterns as well as shading and highlighting techniques.  I always love how everyone learns the same patterns but puts an individual spin on each one.  Didn't they do a beautiful job?  


What made the class even more interesting for me was the opportunity I had to test out a piece of teaching equipment from a fellow CZT.  Thank you to fellow CZT Susan Nutting for letting me test out her Twirly Whirly Board to teach my class.  I loved finally being able to turn my "tile" while teaching as I instruct my students to do.  For the first time, I could teach Paradox without getting everyone confused.

Here's the instruction piece I used to guide today's tanglers:


I loved being able to build my tile or piece as everyone else did.  It was great to tilt the board when needed to shade or to enhance a section.  I used another sheet to demonstrate some different patterns, and it was MUCH easier to be able to turn the board as I would with an actual tile.  I think I'm hooked.  It's a great product, and I may just have to get one.  Thanks, Susan!

1 comment:

  1. Their gardens look great Emily. I am doing my first organic class at the end of the month and am really looking forward to it. I hope my students' work looks as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete