MomZenArtist on Instagram

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Simply Resistible

I have discovered a new favorite way to play with my Zentangle Inspired Art or ZIA!  Watercolor with a resist.

Here is a piece I created with glue, Twinkling H2O watercolors, and Micron for tangling.  I used a little white Gelly Roll pen for highlights and to enhance the glued areas.  I had so much fun with this piece, I hated waiting for the drying time in between.  When it was time to tangle, I couldn't put it down!

I see many more of these in my future.  Want to learn some ways to do this?  I also see a new class in my listing soon.  :-)


I've also made several bookmarks with watercolor paint.  These are part of an annual creative pay-it-forward gesture.  I give a creative item to five different people, and they pledge to make the same offer to five people.

Let's share the creativity!

Here are a few base bookmarks waiting to be tangled.  On the right is one of the almost finished pieces.

I have to laminate and embellish a bit for the final product.  I hope the recipients will like these!

They were so fun to create!






3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Emily. Did you do the watercolor before or after tangling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caren! I tangled after painting the background.

      Delete