MomZenArtist on Instagram

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Galactic Hello Kitty

Come on, with a title like that, you know you want to read my post.

My daughter is in love with Hello Kitty.  As much as her daddy and I resisted buying all things pink for the first 2.75 (yes, that's how old she says she is) years, we're having trouble fighting the urge now.

She likes pink.  She likes Hello Kitty.  She is a girlie girl. We are updating her bedroom with a pink Corvette bed with Hello Kitty sheets.  I am in shock, but we both love to see her happy even if we have to endure some pink.

In working on the previous Diva challenge, pink subconsciously entered my tangle.  The duo-challenge (2 patterns) was to use only Cirquital and Opus.  I started to add a few Cirquital orbs with different fillers around my black Zendala tile.  Next I used my white Gelly Roll pen to fill the rest of the tile with Opus.

I wasn't sure that I liked the piece until I realized something VERY important.  During my tangling, I had managed to channel the secret home galaxy of Hello Kitty.  The pink-bowed, bulbous-headed feline clearly hails from a bright pink planet surrounded by a sparkly, swirly sky.  The more I look at the tile, I giggle picturing tiny white kitties running around plucking pink bows off of trees.  Of course, bows grow on trees in Hello Kitty land.

I also realized that parenthood may make a person a bit crazy at times.  It's worth it.  She's way too cute and sweet for us to mind about a little pink--even if our whole world starts to look like Hello Kitty barfed all over it.

Blast off into orbit and meet Hello Kitty's galaxy:


No comments:

Post a Comment