MomZenArtist on Instagram

Friday, May 2, 2014

Beyond Inspired

Wow.  Wow.  Just wow.

Okay, maybe I have a few more words to describe the fantastic, amazing, creative, inspiring weekend I spent with 100 plus CZTs at Tangle U.  It's been a few days, and I am still overwhelmed by my fun and stimulating weekend away in Portland, Maine.

I was so immersed in my weekend that I neglected to take photographs of much of what was happening.  I hope that my art and words will fill in the blanks for you.  Trust me, it was an amazing adventure.  Check out CZT Cris Letourneau's blog for a snapshot of the weekend.

First I traveled to Portland, Maine.  It was an interesting city filled with pretty architecture, restaurants, and shops.  If you are ever in the area, I highly recommend checking out The Holy Donut for the best donuts I have ever had.  They even have gluten free!  We stayed at the newly renovated, beautiful Westin Portland Harborview.  

Now for the tangling!

It was a pleasure to meet many of my CZT colleagues for the first time and to reconnect with others I had met at past events including my CZT IX training.  

We spent three creative days tangling with our illustrious teachers including the following:

I'll have to take several posts to share all the fun new things I learned!  I was intrigued by the easy ways we explored working with the black Zentangle tiles.  Molly brought us some goodies and a technique from Maria Thomas, co-founder of Zentangle®.  We played with Zenstones on black Zendala tiles.  I love the ghostly look the Zenstone creates.

I hope you can join me for my Zentangle® Inverted class this month to explore ways of working with these black tiles!






2 comments:

  1. Love the way your black tiles turned out! We were so busy talking we didn't get a chance to share! Thanks for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sue! Thanks for joining me. It was lovely to meet you and to cat along the way. I hope you had a safe return trip!

    ReplyDelete