MomZenArtist on Instagram

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Black Magic

I love to learn new things!

At Tangle U, I picked up a fantastic new technique for working with black Zentangle® tiles from the fabulous Marie Browning, Tombow goddess and author of many crafting books including Time to Tangle with Color.

Marie led us through an exercise using Tombow's new Irojiten colored pencils. The wide range of beautiful colors is interesting to layer.  This easy technique is like magic because the colors and tangles come to life quickly before your eyes.

Here were the pieces I created during Marie's class:



I've been pretty hooked on this technique since class and came up with these two tiles.  I am pretty much in love with the black, white, and red one (I'm sure there's a zebra joke in there somewhere).  For these two tiles, I used my Prismacolor colored pencils.



My daughter selected the colors for this tile:


Isn't it fun to try something new?  You never know what you might come up with when you let yourself play!

2 comments:

  1. Whee! Nice bright tiles! I love this technique too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am having a lot of fun with this technique. I think I'll be using up a lot of colored pencils now. :-)

      Delete