MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, September 1, 2014

Stripes: Staying Inside the Lines

For this week's Diva challenge, we were asked to play with stripes.  I worked on a 2" Bijou tile from Zentangle®.  I love these little guys!  This one was part of a Bijou swap with fellow CZTs.

I drew my pencil string as diagonal lines across the tile.  This tile features tangles starting with O including Onomato, Ojo, Oke, Orbs-la-Dee, Opus, and Organza.  It was the first time I had played with many of these patterns.

When drawing stripes or lines, it's fun to think about how to fill the areas.  Do you fill between two lines as in Onomato (the tangle with the large circles)?  Do you follow a single line as in the fluttery Organza (the one that looks a bit like fans) and fill around it?  Either way, you can't go wrong as long as you're enjoying the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment