MomZenArtist on Instagram

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Happy 200 to the Diva

Our beloved Diva reached a huge milestone this week--her 200th challenge!  We were invited to create a monotangle with one of our go-to tangles.

I immediately started adding Flux leaves in the center, randomly building outward. I used to not like Flux because I hadn't found my groove with it. Surprisingly, while teaching the pattern in a class, I admired how my friend and student interpreted the leafy shape. Ever since, I have created my Flux like she did--a looser, more leaf or teardrop shape than a comma shape. A new love was born. 

I especially love drawing Flux as a flower or in random spurts with a string. I enjoy letting the petals float, swim, or bloom in various directions. 

It only seemed fitting to think about inspiration for this challenge. I hope that I inspire others when I teach. I am always fascinated by how inspired I am with each of my students. 

Happy 200th, Laura!  Thank you for inspiring us all!


I couldn't stop myself after this one and created a couple of colorful Flux flower ATCs too.  I think I'll be sending these to some of my CZT friends.  



14 comments:

  1. Flux love! They're all so pretty :) I have a hard time with flux as well, maybe I'll try again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :-) I know I've had several tangles that have frustrated me over the years. Sometimes I just have to figure out a little trick that makes it work for me. That was very true for Flux. Now, I adore it!

      Delete
  2. All three are beautiful! Great use of Flux!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flux is not a tangle that I use, because when I first tried (years ago) I just couldn't draw it well. After seeing yours I think I give it a go again. Thanks. Also thanks for showing this beautiful tiles, I love all three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled that I have inspired you. :-) I'd love to see your Flux when you play with it again.

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful and I LOVE the colored versions too! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynell. I had so much fun coloring them.

      Delete
  5. So beautiful! They're all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice use of Flux. Great use of color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Coloring is still a bit new to me, but I'm absolutely loving it.

      Delete