MomZenArtist on Instagram

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ready for Renaissance

I think I am in love.

Okay, I know I'm in love with my husband, our daughter, tangling, and many things, but I think I have found a new love.  When Zentangle® first came out with the Renaissance tiles, I wasn't too sure about them.  I found the paper a bit less enjoyable than the white tiles and wasn't as excited about my early attempts.  Of course, that didn't stop me!
I've been playing with color and shading more, thanks to classes from fellow CZTs, and I have been enjoying trying things in different ways.  Now I am loving the Renaissance tiles.  I like how I can take patterns that I've used for years and make them look completely different with a little boost of color.  I think the combination of black, brown, and white create an interesting depth and richness in the piece.  It is fun to play with shadows and highlights through colored pencils, and I get to play with my beloved Prismacolor pencils more too!

I've added a couple of tiles I created recently to get ready for my class in January 2015.  If you're local, I hope you'll come see how fun these tiles can be.  It's a great way to start playing with color for anyone who is interested in dabbling.  


4 comments:

  1. These are lovely! They really showcase the Renaissance tiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sue! I think using a brownish-hued colored pencil really helped. I just started doing that and love the look.

      Delete
  2. Love your tiles! I am finding I like the Renaissance tiles the more I do them too. The colors really make them look so striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. I'm looking forward to playing with other colors on these tiles too. I can't stop playing with them. :-)

      Delete