MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, April 6, 2015

Finding Color in the Darkness

I've been battling a nasty cold and haven't had much energy for anything let alone whining on the couch.  Not very zen.  I can get pretty down when I don't feel well, and I sometimes find it hard to see the light at the end of the tissue box.

Today I am feeling slightly more human.  
I left the house.  
I ate normal food.  

I tangled.  

If anything will get me out of my funk, it is tangling.

I had been inspired by several posts on the new Square One: Purely Fun Zentangle® Facebook group inspired by the fabulous Meredith Yuhas, CZT.  After such inspiration, I knew what would make me feel better--playing with color!  I used a black Zentangle® tile and filled it with some Fife and Fescu then colored areas with Prismacolor pencils.  I added a little highlight in the intersections with some white charcoal pencil.

This piece makes me happy.  It reminds me that there is always color and light even on the darkest days.  Even if I feel horrible, I can find comfort that it is temporary and that I will feel better, brighter, and happier soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment