MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, August 27, 2012

Diva challenge 84

This is my first time posting for a Diva challenge!  This week's challenge was to create a blind string and just go with it.

Here's my blind string:



Here's the finished product.  I am actually quite excited by this one!


I've been thinking it would be interesting to do a blind tile--not just a blind string.  If it's about the process and not necessarily the product, it should work.  Granted, it would be a pretty messy tile, but it would be interesting to see if it would be freeing to not have to think about which tangle fits into a specific spot.  Maybe I'll try that next.

14 comments:

  1. I really like the patterns you picked for this. I'd love to see your 'blind tile' if you do it. I play a game with my nieces where I draw the outline of a face and then they fill in all the facial features with their eyes closed. It's great fun... like an artistic version of MadLibs.

    Oh, and I see by your profile you're a lizard lover... will there be a tangled gecko ZIA in your future? Post post post... looking forward to updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Your choice of patterns really came together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is lovely, it has a bird-like quality. Great tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made a great blind string. I took a bit the easy way out if I see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did a terrific job. looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i might have to give that a try, too, emily. although, i'll probably let you go first :)

    great job! i need to go check out this week's challenge - i am sooooooooo far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, it is very nice, even the blind string looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done. I love the dangles at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tangles you chose. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice designs. I especially like your Betweed, Bales, and the little "pocket" of "seeds"!

    ReplyDelete