MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, October 22, 2012

Diva challenge 92: stripes

This week, the Diva encouraged us to tangle in a new way using straight lines as the string.  I drew my lines at a diagonal across my tile then went back and added some smaller lines to see how I'd fill them in.  I ended up using eleven tangles.

I tend to use my strings as guides and often find my tangles pouring out over the boundaries.  For this one, I kept finding my pen staying within the lines.  Maybe I wanted to challenge myself to keep the lines straight.  It was fun to think about which tangles I could fit into the smaller sections.

I love how with the Zentangle® method, we can stay within the lines, exceed the lines, or ignore the lines completely!  We all have permission to create and to explore.  If you don't like the end result, start a new tile!  Since Zentangle is so quick to do, you haven't invested a ton of time or materials in an experiment.  I like to hold my piece out and turn it around to get a different perspective.  I still keep all of my tiles even if they aren't favorites.  Each one tells a tale along my creative journey.  I love writing notes on the back about which tangle patterns I used, what, if anything, inspired the design, and any challenges I faced in the creation of my work.

Here's my straight-lined string challenge:


15 comments:

  1. I like how clean and neat it looks and the 'little' lines of tangle are a perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's what surprised me about this one. I rarely stay inside the lines, but I found myself really enjoying the linear aspect of it. We just have to keep challenging ourselves, right? :-)

      Delete
  2. I like the diagonal look of the tile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has a wonderful mix of tangles beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you varied the width of your lines. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Love this....each line is different and so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you did your tile on the diagonal and covered the whole tile. So many patterns. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The contrast in pattern and depth of black and white is truly striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done with a great assortment of tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and bold - lovely choice of tangles :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your choice of tangles, and the thick and thin stripes you used as a string.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shading on betweed is superb. i like all the little pieces along the edges of your lines. Also I really like the swirly black and white toward the bottom left. i don't recognise that pattern

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betweed, IX, Copada... fantastic choice of tangles and so well drawn.

    ReplyDelete