MomZenArtist on Instagram

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Student Tiles from October class

I'm finally getting around to posting photos from my October class at the newly renovated Chelmsford Community Center at North Town Hall.  I had a great time teaching six wonderful participants.  It was fun to have some mother/daughter teams in class too.  We had great energy and excitement along with periods of focus and silence.  I love hearing the change as people switch gears from learning to practicing the Zentangle® method.

Here is a mosaic of the first tiles they created with my M-shaped string and instruction of five tangle patterns:


It's impressive to see how even with the same instruction everyone had a different approach to her tile.  From holding the pen to accepting the freedom to explore beyond the instruction, each artist found her own style.  I think this is a pretty impressive group!

The second tile involved a free form string of each person's choosing.  I showed several different patterns--four, I think--by request.  Here is the mosaic of the works in progress:


It was a great night.  Thanks to everyone for participating.  I hope we'll tangle again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment