MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, March 11, 2013

Better Late Than Never

In my time-lapsed few weeks, I didn't get two a couple of The Bright Owl Zendala Dares.  I had started to work on #47, but it took me a long time to finish it, and I don't know why.

The challenge was fine and wasn't a barrier to creating.  I transferred the template immediately and did my border tangle (Geisel, a new favorite by Debra Castaldi).

Then I stopped and lost time.

Per the challenge I "removed" some of the second set of ovals for a wider area of Huggins.  I had just taught this pattern and had it on the brain.  I love how it looks!

Then I stopped and lost time and focus.

I added some 'Nzeppel.

Then I stopped and completely forgot about finishing my piece.

Like with any activity or hobby that a person loves, the greatest benefit comes from regular practice.  I allowed my chaotic life to take over for a while, and I feel like I lost myself.

I finished my Zendala, worked on another challenge, and got back on track!  I love that I can tangle myself back to a more grounded place.  In the past, I could get derailed for a while during diets or exercise plans.  I'm human, and it's ok to get off track a bit.  I'm just thankful to have a way to snap myself back into myself immediately.

Interestingly, this is the first time in my life that I've successfully lost weight, exercised, felt better, and felt more relaxed and centered.  The Zentangle method is a big part of that (along with my wonderful nutritionists at NWHS).  It's all falling into place.  :-)

So here is my better-late-than-never Zendala Dare:






No comments:

Post a Comment