MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, March 11, 2013

Where Have I Been?

Do you ever have one of those weeks that you know lapsed only because your smart phone, computer, or cable connection tell you that the date has, in fact, progressed a week?  Hmm, come to think of it, it may have been two weeks.  I can only blame a little of my fogginess on the time change since an hour doesn't typically cause weeks to disappear.

I have been busy with work and other projects.  My daughter and I have spent a lot of fun time together, and she's been a great helper with my exercises and errands.  It's been a good few weeks, but I don't know where they've gone!

Normally, I'd just chalk it up to my busy life, but I'm somewhat bothered by this perceived loss of time.  I think my problem is that I haven't tangled much at all.  To go from daily tangling of some sort to missing multiple weekly challenges and struggling to complete one piece was a real deviation for me.  I feel like I've lost my center and don't exactly know where I am.

Sometimes I'm amazed by how intensely the Zentangle® method has changed my life.  I love it, and apparently, I need it.  Some people need to hop back onto the diet train, get back to the gym, or head back to church.  I need to pick up a pen and play to regain myself!

I couldn't sleep well last night, so I gave myself permission to use the awake time to find my center again.  I finished my Diva challenge for last week.  Laura, the Diva, challenged us with a UMT (Use My Tangle) challenge featuring Whyz by CZT Jane MacKugler.  After playing with the pattern a bit, and totally goofing it up, I have to say I really enjoyed it.  This one is really fun to play with and has a lot of tangellation possibilities.

Since my life has been in a vacuum lately, I missed the Diva's weekly slideshow, but I'm still going to share my end result.  I had fun working on this calendar page and like how it came out.  I played with a few new-to-me patterns too.  The shading doesn't show as well here, but you get the idea.  Disregard the fact that I'm still working in my 2012 calendar.  Oops!

I'm already feeling more like myself today and ready to tangle!  Who's with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment