MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, March 25, 2013

MonoMooka

I'm so glad I have found my Mooka groove since the Diva has given us a monotangle (one pattern!) challenge for this week's challenge.

I bought some lovely metallic pens and pencils this weekend at Tangle U that look stunning on the black Zentangle® tiles.  The pens are Pentel Slicci, and the pencils are from Caran d'Ache.

I love Mooka now.  I couldn't say that a few months ago or even a few weeks ago!  I think my experience is a good example on why we shouldn't give up on a pattern or on ourselves.  We all have something with which we might struggle a bit.  Does that mean we throw in the towel and give up, or do we just try a little harder?  Creating Zentangle art, or doing anything else you love, requires practice. Practice is not perfect, and I don't believe that practice makes perfect.  I believe that practice leads us to be more comfortable with our efforts and to feel confident in our abilities.  There's always room to learn and to grow, so if we were perfect, where would we set our sights?

I, too, struggle with some of the patterns, but I don't give up on them.  I may focus on patterns that I prefer or want to learn, but I always go back to the tricky ones.  I practice, I get inspired by others' artwork, and I play until I find the right groove.  Thanks to CZT Kelley Kelly, I found my groove with Mooka, and I officially love this pattern now.  I just needed to make it work for me, and I needed to get over my issue with it.

Here is this week's Diva challenge, my MonoMooka:


18 comments:

  1. Very nice, I love the size of your Mooka and the lines around them make them look like they are vibrating - like giant music notes; I can almost hear them LOL. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I hadn't thought of that. They do look like they're dancing, don't they? hehe.

      Delete
  2. Oooh I reallly like the energy lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the big pods in this, I got rid of the pods and made the ends pointy in my version

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the big pods and the colored shading. Very striking and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the size of your Mooka. The interweaving of the aura looks nice also. Reminds me of what is done with IX.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice work with the pencils and black tile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of a giant mooka. I may have to try that. This is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mooka tile is beautiful! And your words so true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work--inspired to work in white on black by you and our lovely Diva!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mooka looks great. I like it very much on a black tile. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really can see your Mookas are swaying back and forth!
    Hear, hear to your words! In the end it was so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very lovely - and yes, they do groove and move...

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so elegant and flowing. I really like the pencils you chose.

    ReplyDelete