MomZenArtist on Instagram

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Things Aren't Always Black or White

Sometimes they're multicolored!

I prefer to tangle on white tiles or lighter background papers, but I think it's an interesting challenge to work on the black Zentangle® tiles.  I've had fun playing with the white pen and pencil on the black paper for an inverted look.

After seeing some beautiful colored pencil work on black tiles by CZT Kate Lamontagne, I was inspired to get out my Prismacolor pencils for the afternoon.

I've had a minor cold for a few days and just haven't felt as cheery as usual.  I'm eating better these days, so this cold isn't kicking my butt as much as it might have in the past, but it's still not fun to be sick.  Instead of wallowing in my misery, I decided to add a little brightness to my day with some colorful creativity.

First I tangled a butterfly with just my Prismacolor pencils.  I think the end result is cheerful, but I still prefer the texture and overall look of the black ink on white paper (with or without adding color).  So far I don't think the white pen or the colored pencils fill in the black paper as well, but that may be operator error.  I will be playing with these colored pencils to get more practice.

Next I wanted to play with my new Mooka design inspired by CZT Kelley Kelly's fabulous interpretation of this pattern.  I've been fascinated by Mooka but have struggled with getting a flow that feels right to me.  After looking at some of Kelley's beautiful pieces, I realized that I can be a little looser with where my Mooka bulbs start and end.

I started with some blue Bunzo in the middle and found my Mooka bursting out from the center.  I added some aura around the Mooka bits as a filler, and now I love this pattern even more!  I finally found my Mooka groove.

Thank you to all of my fellow CZTs, tanglers, and friends for inspiring me in new ways each day!






1 comment:

  1. Mooka has a way of doing that! I'm so glad it's working for you and it clearly is!! Thanks so much for the shout out - I'm really touched!
    K2

    ReplyDelete