MomZenArtist on Instagram

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Putting It Together

Do you work best individually or as part of an team?  

I have always been a person who loves to create and work around other people.  I find it inspiring to learn from others, to feed off their energy, and to be motivated by new ideas.  

When I tangle, I'm usually working alone or teaching a class for others.  I love practicing alone because I get the greatest personal focus and relaxation.  I adore teaching because I get to share my passion and be inspired by my students.  I truly learn something new every time I teach.  My practice has been enriched by those around me, and for that I am thankful.

The Zentangle® method has freed me from a lot of fears and my nagging perfectionism.  I feel free to play, to take risks, and to explore new ideas.  If it doesn't work, or if I don't like the end result, it's only a small tile and a little of my time.  Now that I can be more realistic, there's always something about the piece that I do like--a particular tangle, my shading, or just adding to my practice of this wonderful art.  

I enjoy participating in weekly swaps (thanks to the Diva) to step outside of my tangling box.  I get to play with new strings, learn new patterns, and find different ways of thinking about my work.

Another fun way to try something new is a swap.  I participated in a fun bookmark swap at the end of the year.  It was inspiring to make the bookmarks and to explore the creativity in the pieces I received from other tanglers.

I'm looking forward to attending the Tangle U CZT workshop for the classes, the opportunity to connect with fellow CZTs, and to be inspired!  Our homework project was to complete a set of curvy ensemble tiles from Zentangle.com to swap.  The nine tiles are pre-strung with a curvy design to fill in.  People approach the tiles differently--some tangle each tile individually, and some, like I did, assemble the ensemble and tangle it into one large piece of art.  When the pieces are swapped, the participants each receive eight pieces from other CZTs.  The pieces meld together into a worldwide, collaborative piece of art.  I can't wait to see everything together, although I will admit that I'm a little sad to break this set up.

Here is my ensemble set in stages.  It only took two days for me to complete because I was having so much fun.  I think that listening to an amazing audiobook, Alice Bliss by Laura Harrington, helped me keep tangling too!



1 comment:

  1. Your ensemble is gorgeous! I hope you have a wonderful time at Tangle U. It looks like it will be great, wish I was going.

    ReplyDelete