MomZenArtist on Instagram

Friday, May 17, 2013

Kooky Kuke

I love this week's Diva challenge pattern!  In a UMT (Use My Tangle) challenge, Laura asked us to use a pattern created by a fellow tangler.  This week's choice was Kuke by Katy Abbot, CZT.

I've been hooked on Zentangle's new black Zendala tiles and how cool the metallic Gelly Roll pens look on them.  I took a blank tile, drew a bunch of lines with white Gelly Roll as a string, and started to fill in the sections with Kuke.  I ended up filling the whole thing just with Kuke because I was having so much fun.  :-)  I used white Gelly Roll, silver Slicci, metallic blue Gelly Roll, and stardust Gelly Roll pens to fill in the different sections.  I left my Kukes "seedless" since the Gelly Roll pens have thicker nibs.  This piece is so shimmery and cool in person!


5 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like you had great fun, and I imagine the metallics are amazing in person! Could you please tell me where you get your Slicci pens? I'm hoping it has online buying. I'm in Canada, and can't find them anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen them listed on Amazon and Dick Blick. They're very nice pens. Beautiful color on the black tiles!

      Delete
  2. Your zendala is like lace; beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought it had a real lacy look when it was all filled in too. I like this pattern a lot, and it's quite versatile!

      Delete
  3. Wow! The inks really pop on the black tile. I'll have to order them now.And I had to smile at the term "seedless kuke". This turned out really nice.

    ReplyDelete