MomZenArtist on Instagram

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Season for Leaves

I love autumn!  It's my favorite time of the year.  In addition to celebrating my wedding anniversary and my daughter's birthday, it's also time for stunning color-changing leaves.  I love the way the orange, red, and yellow tones look against the brown trunks and cloudy, gray-blue fall sky.  It's like the leaves are going out in a final blaze of glory before succumbing to the bleak grayness of winter.

What do the changing and falling leaves make you think or feel?

One of my favorite tangled pieces, and one that is most often discussed by others, is my autumn leaves piece using a Dreamweaver stencil.  You can read more about my inspiration and creation of this piece on a past blog post.

As the weather grows colder, and the stores become disturbingly filled with Christmas decorations and gifts, I find it difficult not to think about the ever-approaching winter.  I felt inspired to recreate my autumn trees with a wintery look to help ease into the idea of cold, snow, ice, skidding cars, slush, bulky coats, boots, slip-and-falls, and all the other things that come with my least favorite time of year.  Sure, I love Christmas and the pretty look of a snow-covered yard, but after a few days, I'm ready for spring again.  Here's my tangled tree version of winter trees:  



This time I tangled all of the low branches since winter makes it much easier to see all the bony lines when the branches aren't not obscured by lovely leaves.  I quite enjoy how skeletal and stark this piece came out.  I hope you like it too!

If you love these trees, check out my upcoming craft fairs this fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment