MomZenArtist on Instagram

Sunday, October 6, 2013

'Tis the Season for Pumpkins

Well it's my favorite time of the year!  In addition to my daughter's birthday and my wedding anniversary, it's also time to celebrate crisp mornings, changing leaves, witches, and pumpkins!  I love Autumn and pretty much everything that goes along with it.

When my daughter and I recently went pumpkin picking, I was very tempted by the interesting white pumpkins in the field.  I so wanted to tangle one.  Unfortunately, they were quite large and were a bit heavy to lug home for tangling.

My little pumpkin selector found a small pumpkin for herself as well as a nice smooth pumpkin for her daddy.  When we got home, the smooth pumpkin called out for tangles.  Often when tangling a pumpkin, I'll follow the ridges or ribs on the outside filling with bands of patterns.  This pumpkin was so smooth, I treated it like a blank canvas tangling all around.  I used some of my favorite garden patterns and threw in a few regular patterns too.  I used a fine point Sharpie.  This was fun to do!

Have some seasonal fun with your tangling too.


No comments:

Post a Comment