MomZenArtist on Instagram

Monday, November 25, 2013

Well, well, well

This week marks my return to the fabulous Diva challenges!  I had to take a break because the assignments and deadlines were becoming barriers to my creativity during a busy time of my life.  Now that I've made some life changes, I have more time and energy to jump back into the challenges.  Yippee!  Laura always comes up with awesome ideas for the weekly challenge.  It's bothered me that I haven't been able to do them.  Maybe I'll go catch up on the 20 or so challenges I missed.

For this week's challenge, the Diva asked us to work with two tangle patterns, or as named on the Diva's blog, a Duotangle.  The task was to create a piece of art using only Pea-nuckle and Well, official Zentangle® patterns.

I have loved Pea-nuckle since I learned it at my CZT training from the creator Molly Hollibaugh (yes, if you tangle, that name should sound familiar!).  I think it's a pattern that takes a little thinking and works best when the original columns of S's line up closely.  I sometimes find that patterns like this can require a bit more focus.  I have to be in the right state of mind to use patterns like Pea-nuckle, and as in this challenge, Well.  This was definitely a thinking challenge.

I don't feel like I've totally embraced the pattern Well yet.  Every time I go to draw it, I end up with a variation of Yew-Dee by CZT Peg Farmer.  I love Yew-Dee.  My first attempt at the challenge ended up with Pea-nunckle in one corner and a Bales-free version of Yew-Dee because my tangle memory directed my Micron to follow its usual Yew-Dee flow.  I still love how this piece came out.

The second one features several sizes of Pea-nuckle and two versions of Well.


These are numbers 4 and 5 of my 53 card ATC swap.  Only 48 to go!


13 comments:

  1. I'm all about blue and am really enjoying it here. It's very calming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meghan. I love working with B&W pieces, but lately I've been drawn to adding one colored pen too. I like the depth and contrast that it has. I usually go for green, but I love the blue with tangling.

      Delete
  2. I'm doing mine for the ATC swap also. Well, only one of them is good enough to send. Really nice job you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I figure everything I do for a while will be for the swap. I have a lot to finish. Fun!

      Delete
  3. I like your Pea-nuckle especially because you did it with bleu, and I agree, I like to do it too since I was guided by Molly in RI. And yes I did mine for the ATC swap too. I think there will be a lot of peanuckle ATCs in this swap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really like your approach to this challenge! I've been struggling to get these two tangles to work together, & you just blew it out of the water & make it look so simple! Lovely ATCS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't think it's possible to make these patterns look simple. They are interesting and beautiful, but they do take some thinking and planning. I don't think they are as zen as many patterns. Good luck

      Delete
    2. Even if it's a tricky pattern, just take it one stroke--or one step--at a time! I'd lve to see what you come up with. :-)

      Delete
  5. Very lovely ATC´s! I like your blue Pea-nuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The combo of colors is great and you have seemed to nail the pea-nuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job of this. I like your different sizes and well variations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both beautifully done - like the added colour too.

    ReplyDelete