MomZenArtist on Instagram

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Nutty Christmas

Do the holidays feel crazy to you?  If you get together with family, do you feel like someone opened a can of life-sized mixed nuts?

We're nut an exception (groan). Squirrels are an inside joke in my family since my mom claims to dislike them so enthusiastically.  She equates them to rats with bushy tails, and she really doesn't like rats.

Everyone has started to give her squirrel-related cards and gifts, and I'm no exception.  Thanks to Ben Kwok's beautiful squirrel template, I created this tangled squirrel for my mom.  After opening it, she said she might have to start liking squirrels now!

Here is the final colored version using my Irojiten colored pencils.

Here was the original black and white.



No comments:

Post a Comment