MomZenArtist on Instagram

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

White Zentangle Tile, Glimmer Mist, black and brown Microns

Happy new year!  It's 2014 and time to start anew.  

I hear many of my fellow tanglers say that they love their Zentangle® practice, but they forget to tangle.  I get it.  Life can easily interfere with our creative ambitions.  It can sometimes be hard to take a few minutes for yourself when everything else gets in the way.

For 2014, you get a blank slate for the new year!  Pick up a pen and start.  It doesn't matter what pattern you choose or what the end result is... just tangle.  Once you start, you can get yourself out of a creative rut and enjoy your journey once again.

Did you make a New Year's resolution?  I decided to work on a creative one because I, too, often lapse in my tangling.  As much as I love it, and as much as I benefit from my regular practice, I find myself bogged down on the craziness of life as well.  

Not in 2014!  This year, I'm taking a pledge to create art of some kind every single day.  I am joining the 365 Days of Art Challenge.  For each day of the year, I will strive to create some form of art.  I'm keeping it easy since this is an ambitious adventure, and I will leave the creative expression open for exploration.  

I might create a tangled tile, work on a larger piece, make a greeting card, make a gift, practice lettering, or do whatever inspires me!

I am thrilled to have Carole Ohl's new Tangle-A-Day Calendar for 2014.  It's a lovely way to create art each day.  Carole provides perfect boxes just waiting for tangles along with patterns and beautiful artwork.  I will probably post those pages at the end of each week since multiple days are on the same page.  

As with any resolution, I think it's important to be realistic.  I have to make allowances for the inevitable.  There will be occasions beyond my control that prevent me from creating on some days, and I can live with that.  My goal will be to make up for it the next day so I don't get off track.  Or, maybe I'll tangle a little extra some days to cover those unexpected days.

I hope you all have a happy and creative new year!  If you've made a resolution, try making it flexible enough that you can make it work.  

My tile also fits in with the Diva's 2014 challenge this week.

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. That's a favorite new pattern to me.

      Delete
  2. Love how the 2014 pops up out of the tangles behind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would not have guessed that this was a white tile. thought maybe it was one of the new tan tiles. Like the highlighting and shading. Not sure if it because the text is outside of the border, but your post was difficult to read as the color of the text blended into the background. May be a setting issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what happened, but after I posted my comment it was fine.

      Delete
    2. Very weird. It looks normal to me. I'll look into it. Thanks for letting me know. The only difference on this post is the image caption. Maybe that's the culprit.

      Delete
    3. It was the URL in Mr. Linky. I posted a second time in hopes that it displays better. Thanks again for the head's up!

      Delete
  4. Love your tile...I would like to ask...What is Glimmer Mist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Glimmer Mist is a spray from Tattered Angels that has some shimmer to it. Here's more info: http://mytatteredangels.com.

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love this tile! A lovely choice of tangles and some great shading and subtle colours. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a lot of fun on this one. :-)

      Delete
  6. What a super tile, I love the glimmer mist although I have never heard of it before. Like Donald, I found trying to read your post very difficult because of the writing on the top of the dark border. I wonder if like Donald after I post my comment, the wording will be clearer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like Donald, I can see the post a lot clearer after posting my comment. I wonder if the wrong link is attached to the Linky machine?

      Delete
    2. That is so weird! I'll have to take a look to see what's going on. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  7. Lovely, great tangles and i especially like the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is glimmer mist??? Very pretty!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Glimmer Mist is a spray from Tattered Angels that has some shimmer to it. Here's more info: http://mytatteredangels.com.

      Delete