MomZenArtist on Instagram

Saturday, January 18, 2014

One Little Word

This week's Diva challenge asked us to think about one word for the year. This word can be a motto, inspiration, or focus.

I thought about where I'm at in my life and what I'm looking forward to in the near future.  I have had a lot of changes recently, including leaving my job, and I'm still happily adjusting to my new life.

My word for 2014 will be:


I choose to embrace my life, my new adventure, and everything that comes along with it.

One of the reasons I left my job was to be happier, healthier, and to be able to live each day with the Zentangle mindset.  I am embracing my choice and my efforts toward a more mindful life with less stress.  I truly believe the Zentangle motto that "Anything is possible, one stroke at a time," and I embrace living positively and reducing the negativity in my immediate world.

I embrace my loved ones often, now that I have more time to do so.  I am approaching each new day I have with my daughter with excitement, energy, and the knowledge that each second with her is precious.  Okay, maybe the frustrating ones aren't always as high on that list, but I still treasure even those and our time together.  We are both happier, and I know that my being less stressed is helping my entire family.

I will embrace laughter, fun, and spending time with the people who mean the most to me.  I had been too busy and sometimes forgot to enjoy the little things.

I embrace my art, although sometimes I let the craziness of the world interfere with my passion for creating.  My New Year's resolution is going well; I am embracing a challenge to create art each day.  I love this challenge and the fact that I have given myself an assignment that inspires and motivates me.

For this challenge, I trusted myself to play with my lettering and a single pattern--Mooka.  In the past, Mooka posed a challenge for me; now it's one of my favorite patterns!  I embrace my art for what it is.

I embrace a healthy lifestyle.  In the last year, I have lost thirty pounds by changing my entire diet.  I am calmer due to my regular Zentangle practice, eating differently, and reducing the stress in my life. I will continue to devote my energy to these things that have made me successful and a better person.

I embrace myself and my ability to truly be the person I want and deserve to be.  I am happy, and I embrace the understanding that that is a wonderful thing.

What is your word, motto, or guiding force for 2014?


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a fun time with this one.

      Delete
  2. Lovely! Great word and wonderful Zentangle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work surrounded by beautifully colored Mooka!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, this post and also your tile; I like the colored monotagle around your word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Emily and what a great word you have chosen, It's better to embrace rather than resist I think - take it on board. Your Mooka and the addition of colour is fabulous - Mooka is one tangle I try to avoid, however in saying that I was flipping through my sketchbook this afternoon and noticed an unfinished page with Mooka being the major pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lila! I used to struggle with Mooka until I watched how some of my fellow CZTs drew it. I think it's important to make patterns your own especially if the traditional way of creating them becomes stressful.

      Delete